Each year the Goodland Arts Council comes to you, our generous supporters, for a donation. In return, we offer member perks and benefits, as a show of gratitude and to perhaps increase our value in your busy lives. However, membership support goes far beyond a list of benefits. By supporting the Arts Council, you are doing work towards increasing the quality of life for everyone in our community.
As a member, you become part-owner of the Goodland Arts Council, and a powerful force for good right here in your own neighborhoods and schools. We continuously work to create programming that is relevant, that addresses a need, and that is sustainable.
In 2019 we:
- established a partnership with USD 352 to offer art classes to grades K-6th
- created the new Visiting Artist Program with Northwest Tech to bring accomplished artists to Goodland for artist talks and workshops (open to community members and college students alike)
- became a venue for the Living Room Concert Series through High Plains Public Radio bringing traveling musicians to Goodland
- supported the City of Goodland with the decoration of the Little Free Libraries.
- participated in the Big Kansas Road Trip with a live concert and special Paintbrush & Cocktails
…and that’s just the list of new programs! We also continued for the third year our free Open Studio on Saturdays (expanding it to include Friday afternoon through the summer months); featured nine different art exhibitions, including elementary art, local artists, college students, and visiting artists; held the annual Summer Arts Institute (expanding our class offerings to include middle and high school students); Paintbrush & Cocktails classes, kids’ painting classes, and last but not least, the annual free Art Walk.
New for 2020: The Arts Council can now accept monthly bank deposits at whatever amount you choose. Monthly automated gifts are a unique way you can maximize your giving potential- gifts as low as $5 a month makes for an annual gift total of $60. Cancel or change the donation amount at your will. For more information and to sign up for automated gifts visit the membership page on our website or give us a call at (785) 890-6442.
As a reminder, donations made during Match Day do not qualify as membership, but they still have a huge impact. Match Day 2019 is December 3; 7 a. m. – 7 p.m. at the Goodland Public Library. Donations made during this year’s event will go to further support our gallery and studio space. There is work to be done to ensure that the Arts Center is sustainable into the future. Your support is how we continue to make the arts accessible and affordable to everyone in our community. Please join our efforts by renewing your membership today.