Starting in June, the Goodland Arts Council will accept nominations of lawns that best typify the qualities of: uniqueness, beauty, and curb appeal. Nominations will be for front and side yards jointly, as well as the exterior of the house. The Council will select a yard on the third Monday of the month. The winner of the Yard of the Month will be provided with a decorative yard sign for display indicating their winning yard, as well as a posting and photo on our website, social media, and in the monthly newsletter!
All residential and business properties within Sherman County are eligible.
· Key criteria include manicured yard, beautification, originality and creativity.
· The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of the residents themselves or that of a professional landscaper or groundskeeper.
· An award duration term lasts a single calendar month, and runs from the first day to the last day of that same month.
· The same property cannot receive more than one award in a 12-month calendar period. At least 12 months must elapse between awards for the same yard.
· Any yard can be nominated and win, regardless of membership to the Arts Council status. It is encouraged that anyone submitting a nomination be a current member, however.
· Nominations will be accepted all month long. Winners will be decided and announced during the third week of the month. The winner will receive the decorative yard sign by the first of the month, and will surrender the sign during the last week of the month. Any nominations received after the third Monday will included in the following month’s competition.